Improving Your Bottom Line Using KPIs
This course provides a step-by-step approach to using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to improve any organization’s bottom line. It examines how to establish KPIs in various industries, including professional services (eg. accounting practice), retail, service, manufacturing, government, etc. It walks business professionals through the process of implementing KPIs, including challenges and benefits that may arise. A case study is used to show how others have used KPIs successfully and to demonstrate how they can be of tremendous benefit to most organizations. This course will help CPAs use KPIs in their daily work to improve the bottom line of their organizations.
- Define KPIs and explain how and why they are used.
- Explain the benefits of using KPIs.
- Describe how KPIs relate to the professional accountant’s role and work.
- Define and identify high level and low level KPIs.
- Define and identify financial versus non-financial KPIs.
- Identify the different KPIs that are used in different industrial sectors.
- Explain who in the organization should be responsible for KPIs.
- Identify the reasons that a KPI analysis can be triggered.
- Summarize the step-by-step process of a KPI analysis and implementation.
- Apply the KPI analysis process to a real life case study.
- Definition and guiding principles of KPIs
- How KPIs relate to the professional accountant’s work, internal audit and management
- Benefits of using KPIs
- High and low level KPIs
- Financial KPIs
- Non-financial KPIs, including customer, human resources and operations-related KPIs
- Common financial and non-financial KPIs used in various industries, including professional practice, retail, service, manufacturing and not-for-profit
- Triggers for a KPI analysis
- Example of a KPI analysis in the public sector, including the process and KPIs developed
- Accounting practice case study, with step-by-step discussion of a KPI consultant’s analysis, proposed solutions and outcomes
What's included in the course price?
- 2 hours of verifiable PD
- Certificate of completion
- Access to course materials 24/7
Very interesting course. Material was well laid out.
This course provides a step by step approach in using KPIs to improve any organization’s bottom line. It has benefited me in audit, management, and board positions. I would recommend this course to my colleagues.
Learned a lot about high and low level KPIs.