The modern leadership job is not so much to delegate, evaluate, rate, rank, review, and differentiate. Rather, today’s leaders’ coach, chart the path, clear the path, and help people have awesome experiences in the process. It involves a lot of communicating, a huge emphasis on goals, being clear on priorities, erring to “yes”, and obsessive attention to the people side of things. It means taking personal responsibility for continually advancing your people skills.
Based on the highly regarded book, Leadership Is Half The Story: A Fresh Look At Followership, Leadership, and Collaboration (University of Toronto, Rotman Press), this ‘pracademic’ program is the next evolution of ideas of leadership and how work has changed - from leader-centric to partner-centric.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Step into your best leadership self
- Critically evaluate your leadership identity and brand: who you are and who you aspire to be
- Apply the most important leadership technique and know how to get more of it
- Distinguish the optimum conditions for team success
- Be easy to follow
- Have generative conversations rather than “difficult” ones
- Give actionable feedback generously and receive feedback graciously
- Gain more insight how you can champion the evolution of your organization’s culture
- Bring out the best in everyone
Who this course is for
This course is relevant for new people leaders and experienced leaders looking to modernize their leadership know-how and toolkit.