Emotions are like the news. Keeping up with local and world news is key to being an informed and engaged citizen. However, news media is everywhere and isn’t always accurate. We must learn to receive the news with discernment, read between the lines, accept truths even when they are hard to hear, and stay informed without becoming overwhelmed. Discover how emotions are neither good nor bad, they’re news: vital news influencing how we interpret the world.
In this age of artificial intelligence, it’s becoming MORE not less important for technical professionals to be able to connect quickly with others – whether clients or colleagues. The World Economic Forum predicts Emotional Intelligence will be in the top 10 in-demand skills in 2022. Harvard Business Review ranks it as #1.
If your job involves giving information, changing minds, swaying behaviors, handling setbacks, or developing trust with others, your Emotional Intelligence (EI) will make or break your success. Learn how to see yourself and others with greater clarity, build faster rapport, stretch your comfort zone, and become an even more effective you.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Cultivate stronger relationships with clients, colleagues, and strategic partners
- Make valuable use of the information conveyed through emotions
- Deal with emotions – yours and others – more skillfully and effectively
- Elevate your confidence and finesse with diverse situations and people
- Develop trust and rapport with greater intentionality and effectiveness
- Make “difficult conversations” less difficult and more productive
- Reduce emotional stress in the workplace
Who this course is for:
This course is for any working professional – whether you’ve taken EI a number of times or never. It’s a fresh take that will freshen up your professional toolkit.