Ethics and the Changing Role of Corporations in Society
This comprehensive course provides business professionals with an in-depth understanding of why ethical practices are fundamental to the success and longevity of any organization today - ideal for CPAs looking to stay up to date with ethical business practices. It describes how individual employees, teams, and corporations can navigate complex and challenging situations using an ethical mindset. Using plenty of real-life examples and several case studies, the course will demonstrate that there is a return on investment from ethical business practices, and that our standards and expectations for business ethics are rising, and rightly so.
- Definition and brief history of ethics
- 7 returns on investment from ethical practices
- Importance of employees in business ethics
- 6-step framework for ethical decision making
- Global scandals, including Starbucks Coffee, Wells Fargo, Wirecard and Volkswagen
- Mini ethical dilemma case studies
- Crisis response ideas from an ethical viewpoint
- Crisis response cases, including Taj Palace Hotel and companies during COVID-19
- Gravity Payments case study
- Responsibility and impact measurement
- B Corp Certification
- Connecting profit and purpose
What you will learn?
- Learn key returns on investment from ethical business practices
- Learn what any organization's biggest asset is and how to protect it
- Identify important do's and don'ts from real life case studies
- Identify the steps to take when handling an ethical dilemma
- Identify key ethical considerations when dealing with a crisis situation
Who's this course for?
This course is ideal for CPAs looking to complete their annual ethics training but is just as beneficial for all business professionals in leadership roles, including mangers, business owners, directors and board members.
What's included in the course price?
- 4 hours of verifiable ethics PD
- Certificate of completion
- Access to course materials 24/7
NOTE: Certain sections of this 4-hour course are refreshers from previous courses on ethics by this instructor.
Very informative course. Good material provided for use in real life applications.
Speaker was excellent - very positive and pleasant. Course was excellent - value of people and team work stressed and ethical behavior is rewarded by yourself and others.
This was a very interesting and useful course. The presenter was knowledgeable and presented the material in an interesting and easy to understand manner. The case studies were illuminating and helpful in the real world.
Great!!! Loved the examples. Notably the Gravity Payments.
Mr. Mathur, I just took your course today. I wanted to let you know that I, like many other CPAs I imagine, took your course to fulfill my ethics course obligations. I was not necessarily looking forward to it, nor was I opposed to it. However, let me say that after taking your course I can honestly say it was the most informative, perspective setting, relevant and transferable course I have taken. It was clear and concise with thought provoking and valuable information. While I have always considered myself as ethical it provided a framework for implementing that thought process into my professional life. Anyway, just felt compelled to share my thoughts. Thank you again and I will be sure to recommend this course to my coworkers