In this course, you will learn about the ways that readers absorb information in the 21st century. Whether you are writing to your clients or your colleagues, it is guaranteed that they are juggling emails, instant messages, and social media. Therefore, your readers will prefer to receive correspondence that is easy for them to review.
This course will cover specific strategies to make your emails and documents user-friendly.
- Determining the optimal length for your sentences
- Laying out information in an effective order
- Acknowledging the limits of a reader’s working memory
- Identifying how a reader’s knowledge of your subject matter impacts his or her ability to absorb your writing
- Choosing whether to refer to individuals and corporations by their names or by other labels, such as “taxpayer”, “Opco”, “transferor”, etc.