This course provides in depth knowledge of plain language communication. You will learn how to communicate more effectively in everyday communications including emails, in person and in presentations. You will learn to use short sentences and paragraphs, use everyday words and phrases, avoid unnecessary jargon, and use visual aids to enhance your presentations and meetings. You will learn to actively analyze your own words and become proactive versus reactive in your communications. This is a great refresher on using the English language to your benefit to improve your communications both inside and outside the workplace.
- Describe what plain language communication is and why it is important.
- Describe key techniques to improve communication.
- Critique and improve sample text.
- Describe when to use lists, numbers, visual aids, etc.
- Definition of plain language communication
- Benefits of plain language communication
- 10 steps to put it into practice
- Do’s and don’ts
- Examples and practice cases