This course examines how companies apply capital budgeting analyses to decide whether or not to buy capital assets. We show you the methods actively used in the corporate world. These techniques can also be useful in not-for-profit and public sector organizations, since well-informed and educated financial decisions are required in all organizations. The impact of debt versus equity financing will also be discussed. Sample calculations for various analyses will be demonstrated, including average accounting rate of return, net present value, payback periods and profitability index. This course was designed for those who want to gain a basic working knowledge of capital budgeting techniques. We also show you how success in capital budgeting directly increases your entity’s value.
- Explain the importance of capital budgeting decisions to business success and value.
- Calculate ratios on liquidity, profitability, capital structure, asset management, cash cycle and performance.
- Demonstrate the basic calculations used in the main capital budgeting techniques.
- Explain the impact of debt versus equity financing.
- Average accounting rate of return
- Payback period and discounted payback period
- Net present value
- Internal rate of return
- Profitability index
- Debt vs equity financing (financial leverage)
- Using reliable calculations to make better business decisions