This course provides a refresher or an introduction for fraud prevention. You will have an opportunity to review your fraud prevention knowledge, consider what the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners reported in 2020, and learn methods to evaluate fraud risk and weaknesses in your organizations. You will develop a better understanding of the principles, methods, and limitations of fraud prevention in a Canadian context.
Note: The contents of this course have some overlap with on-demand courses Introduction to Internal Control and Internal Control in Smaller Entities. Members are advised to take one of these three courses.
- Describe what can happen in the absence of internal controls.
- Identify warning signs for potential fraud in any organization.
- Describe 3 themes that are characteristic of most frauds.
- Describe current fraud trends and patterns according to research.
- Identify the steps of the COSO Risk Management Guide.
- What happens in the absence of internal controls
- Warning signs for potential fraud
- Fraud themes
- Findings of fraud examiners
What's included in the course price?
- 1 hour of verifiable PD
- Certificate of completion
- Access to course materials 24/7
Good source of refresher material on Fraud Prevention and statistical information from the ACFE 2016 report. Overall, I enjoyed this course. Thank you.
Good course, enjoy the real life examples.