This course provides a 360-degree view of meetings from conception to completion. You will learn why effective meetings are important and why some meetings fail. You will understand how to prepare for meetings and how to creative high trust, positive relationships. You will learn the importance of creating an agenda, following through on that agenda, and having a clear action plan after the meeting. You will also understand how to create and improve meeting engagement with attendees and the importance of meeting evaluations.
- Identify main reasons that a meeting might be unsuccessful.
- Describe the steps that should be taken before, during and after a meeting.
- Compare different types of room and equipment set up options.
- Compare PowerPoint do’s and don’ts.
- Discuss how to deal with conflict during a meeting.
- Discuss how to increase engagement during a meeting.
- Compare different types of meetings.
- Reasons many meetings fail
- Meeting objective
- Types of meetings
- Room setup
- Preparation of materials
- Powerpoint Do’s and Don’ts
- How to reach decisions
- Dealing with conflict