This course will provide you with tools to apply ethical principles to deal with challenging situations at work - with clients, colleagues or even your superiors. You will learn how to develop an ethical mindset and identify common ethical dilemmas faced by professional accountants. You will learn how to apply a step-by-step framework to assist with decision-making. We specifically consider the unique position of professional accountants and examine case studies to determine the best possible course of action. This course is designed for all those who would like to practice principled decision-making in the face of increasingly challenging situations. This should result in personal growth and career development, reduce the risk of unethical behaviour and improve overall performance.
- Identify the returns on investment from ethical business practices.
- Describe the types of ethical situations faced by professional accountants.
- Apply a step-by-step framework to navigate ethical dilemmas.
- Assess case studies and identify the best possible course of action.
- Introduction to business ethics and definitions
- Return on investment from ethical business practices
- Ethical dilemmas faced by professional accountants
- 6-step framework to deal with unethical situations in the workplace
- Case studies
“This course is very informative and helpful not only in the business environment but also applicable in our personal life. The professor explanation of the 5 step process on how to respond to unethical situations in any scenario is an excellent guide of exercising professional behaviour and judgement. I would recommend this course to my colleagues.”Course Participant
“This course is worth the time spent. The guiding principles identified will be very helpful in dealing with real life ethical dilemma.”Course Participant
“This course has made me realize so many things. The examples helped me put things into perspective.”Course Participant