Clients and colleagues prefer brevity over verbosity. In this practical webinar, you will receive tips for using fewer words in your business writing. By writing concisely, you will reduce the amount of time that it takes for your readers to review your emails and documents.
After covering conciseness, you will shift your focus to a second topic: attention to detail. When clients detect attention to detail, they gain trust in their accountant’s ability as a professional. However, when clients detect sloppiness, they doubt whether an accountant has the competence to meet their needs. As part of this topic, you will learn about the most common writing errors made by accountants, to ensure that you avoid these errors in your own business writing.
- Omitting unnecessary words
- Condensing verbose phrases
- Writing in the active voice – but also, knowing when the passive voice is more appropriate
- Eliminating costly mistakes relating to grammar and usage
- Choosing pronouns that are politically correct
- Avoiding the traps of technological aids, such as “spell check”